(Ross County) -- Pioneer Center recently honored nine community leaders at their Annual Awards Banquet. Recipients included local business owners, employees, providers and individuals with developmental disabilities.
“This is the perfect way to wrap up what has been an incredible Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month,” said Superintendent of the Pioneer Center, Amy Beeler. “I’m so proud of this organization and community and I can’t wait to see what we do next”.
State Representative, Mark Johnson, was on hand to award each recipient with an accommodation from Senator, JD Vance and the Ohio House of Representatives. Attendees also enjoyed a spectacular musical performance from Kassey McGuire.
- Clark Alexander Business Award - Peggy Whitten, To Be Reused Consignment Shop
- Distinguished Student Achievement Award - Jacob Whitaker, 9th Grade Pioneer School Student
- Distinguished Adult Achievement Awards - Victoria Burns
- Barnhart Caregiver Award - Sue Rinehart
- Service & Support Administrator of the Year - Amanda Collins, Ross County Board of DD
- Marriott Achievement Award – Amy Haynes, Teacher, Pioneer School
- Provider Recognition Award – Rebecca McFann, Instructor Assistant, Pioneer School
- Stauffer Maddox Inclusion Award – First Capital Enterprises, KNECT Program
- Special Recognition Award – William “Willie” Martin
The Pioneer Center, otherwise known as Ross County Board of DD (RCBDD), exists for the purpose of improving the quality of life for citizens who have a developmental disability. RCBDD is committed to providing quality services that give individuals and their families choices that enhance community participation and achieve a life of increasing capabilities.